Security Supervisor named Ambassador of the Year
Anthony Barnes of Clayton, a security shift supervisor at Johnston Health Clayton, was named the 2018 Johnston Health Ambassador of the Year during the annual Red Carpet Service Awards Banquet.
During the presentation, Johnston Health CEO Chuck Elliott described Barnes as kind, caring and respectful, and as a good listener who is always willing to help others.
“He escorts families and patients to their destinations, sometimes pushing them in wheelchairs. In the emergency departments, he talks with patients who are dealing with tough issues,” he said. “Out in the parking lots, he changes flat tires, jump-starts dead batteries, and unlocks vehicles for drivers who have left their keys inside.”
In addition to a trophy, Barnes will receive eight hours of paid time off and a weekend stay at a bed and breakfast in Asheville.
During the event, more than 200 employees were recognized for their milestone anniversaries, including Dorothy Phelps of Smithfield, who has worked in the hospital’s lab for 60 years.
Tim, vice president of human resources, was the emcee, and he entertained with jokes and hospital trivia.
In his remarks, Elliott praised employees for their commitment and passion. “It’s obvious in all that you do,” he said. “You are the reason we’ve received quality awards—an ‘A’ safety grade from Leapfrog and, along with 11 other hospitals in the state, an award for Outstanding Patient Experience from Healthgrades.”
Dr. Eric Janis, vice chairman of the Johnston Health Board of Directors, applauded employees for achieving great things during a period of extraordinary growth.
“From the employees who keep up the grounds to those who make sure the food is good to eat, you’re all deserving of special recognition,” he said.
Dr. Rick Alioto, chief of the medical staff, thanked employees for their service. “This is a great place to work, and you’re making Johnston County a great place to live,” he said. “Thank you for making our hospital and community so special.”
Employees and their milestones were:
- 60 Years– Dorothy Phelps
- 30 years— Benjamin Boyette, Tammy Braswell, Wanda Howell, Rayford Hudson, Patricia Murray, Laura Vaughn, Jamie Williams
- 25 years — Ellen Coates, Connie Creech, Patricia Deese, Mary Holder, Matylda Malocha, Crystal Reimann, Michael Thompson, Beth Walker
- 20 years — Reandy Barbee, Nancy Batchelor, Brenda Chellew, Jonathan Crabtree, Dana Davis, Stephen Delaporte, Cynthia Holloman, Rebecca Neumann, Wendy Parrish-Phillips, Robin Powell, J.P. Renfrow, Jr.
- 15 years — Pamela Acree, Tammy Baker, Rodney Best, Sonja Brannan, Mary Casey, Pamela Denning, Margaret Foretia, Teri Hayes, Rebecca Hurley, Laneace Lee, Ruby-Lynn Lee, Melinda Mercer, Casey Nunnery, Regina Sherman, Jessica Stevens, Sarah Strickland, Delores Vick, Derek Walker
- 10 years — Andrea Alberts, Lisa Allen, Carolyn Barnes, Carol Clifford, Katherine Council, Paula Craig, Phyllis Everette, Leah Garner, Ashley Gay, Mary Gotowala, Merrie Gough, Rachel Hicks, Wendy Hunter, Leslie Ingram, Amanda Johnson, Christie Kelley, Jennifer Kraus, Theresa Lasky, Glen McDonald, Kim Messer, Kelly Naranjo, Karonica Nelson, Elizabeth Parker, Paulette Parker, William Peacock, Michelle Pearce, Nicole Pelletier, Celeste Perri, Arlene Pittman, Suzette Rodriguez, Jennifer Shelley, Melissa Speas, Lanelle Speight, Kathleen Sturdevant, Mercedes Valenzuela, Charles Warren, Chardeshia Williams
Employees recognized for 5-year milestones were: Vicky Allen, Rebecca Arvin, Melissa Asbury, Charlene Atkinson, Lauren Barnes, Vera Barnes, Carrie Barwick, Yvonne Beasley, Samuel Beavers, Francisco Benavidez, Martin Blagrove, Michael Brindle, Amber Cook, Jill Corbitt, Gary Daughtry, Nicole Daughtry, Karen Davis, Doyle Dix, Jr., Melinda Drda, Hiede Erickson, Vanessa Etheridge, Haley Faircloth, Karen Fasolino, Melissa Foye, Kristin Gammon, Allison Garzo, Myrisha Goodson, Melissa Hatcher, Shelby Holt, Susan Huntley, Karrie Huston, Claude Jackson, Yvane Jean-Michel, Elizabeth Jordan, Dorothy Kenny, David Lane, Shelly Malone, Sarah Martin, Christina Matheny, Lauren McCall, Kathleen McKinnon, Kristopher Millard, Farrah Nguyen, Beth Owen, Jessica Parker, Matilda Pemberton, Karen Price, Cyril Reyno, Pablo Rosa, Crystal Rose, David Rose, Amie Russell, Kimberly Schooler, Logan Selph, Chelsey Shipp, Gioconda Siegfried, Sheila Suggs, Theresia Swazey, Tanya Terry, Marci Thames, Carlene Velez,Toni Wall, Anya Watson, Barbara Watts, Donna Wilder, Ashley Williams, Ruth Williams, Lauryn Woodley, Katrina Younger
Retirees recognized were: Theresa Bennett, 23 years; Monnie Thompson, 22 years