First Time User? Sign Up Now
First Time User? Enroll now.
Home > Fitness & Health > Health Library > Assess Your Drug Use
You can complete this form and print it for easy reference. When you exit the form, the information will be deleted.
Answer these questions based on your use of drugs—not alcohol—in the past 12 months. Choose the answer that is mostly right for you.
These questions are asking about risky drug use, including:
Drugs may include:
If you think you might have a drug problem, see a doctor no matter what your results are from this quiz.
The results you get depend on how honest you are when you answer the questions.
Answer every question. Read each question, and click the check box in the "Yes" or "No" column. If you feel a question is hard to answer, choose the answer that you feel is mostly right.
In the past 12 months:
1. Have you used drugs other than the ones you needed for medical reasons?
2. Have you used more than one drug at a time without a medical reason or without your doctor telling you to?
3. Is it hard for you to stop using drugs when you want to?
4. Have you ever had a blackout or flashback from using drugs?
5. Have you ever felt bad or guilty about using drugs?
6. Have your friends or family ever complained about your drug use?
7. Have you neglected your family because of your drug use?
8. Have you done anything illegal so you can get drugs?
9. Have you felt sick (had withdrawal symptoms) when you stopped using drugs?
10. Have you had health problems because of your drug use? (For example, have you had memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, or bleeding?)
Your score indicates the degree of problems that your drug use may cause:
Adapted from "Drug Use Questionnaire," © Copyright 1982 by Harvey A. Skinner, PhD, and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada.
Current as of: February 5, 2019
Author: Healthwise StaffMedical Review: Adam Husney, MD - Family MedicineMartin J. Gabica, MD - Family MedicineKathleen Romito, MD - Family MedicinePeter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and AddictionChristine R. Maldonado, PhD - Behavioral Health
Current as of:
February 5, 2019
Medical Review:Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica, MD - Family Medicine & Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine & Peter Monti, PhD - Alcohol and Addiction & Christine R. Maldonado, PhD - Behavioral Health
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2019 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Feeling under the weather?
Use our interactive symptom checker to evaluate your symptoms and determine appropriate action or treatment.
Our interactive Decision Points guide you through making key health decisions by combining medical information with your personal information.
You'll find Decision Points to help you answer questions about:
Get started learning more about your health!
Our Interactive Tools can help you make smart decisions for a healthier life. You'll find personal calculators and tools for health and fitness, lifestyle checkups, and pregnancy.
509 N. Bright Leaf Blvd.
Smithfield, NC 27577
Phone (919) 934-8171
Employee Intranet Login
Copyright 2020 UNC Health Care. All rights reserved.