HealthQuest offers a variety of programs for families to participate in together, as well as just youth fitness programs.
Healthy Families Program
This 8-week journey includes exercise routines for the whole family as well as weekly nutritional guidance in an effort to promote health and wellness in the households of the participants.
A family is defined as immediate family members that live within the same household or claim as a legal dependent. The cap for participants in each family is 5. Must include at least one child between the ages of 9-18 years of age.
Each family will receive:
- Initial health assessment for all family members (up to 5 immediate family members)
- Pre-assessments must be scheduled at a time where all family members included in the program are able to attend at the same time prior to the first week of class.
- 24 supervised exercise sessions for all children ages 9-18 years of age by a certified health and wellness specialist.
- 2 month membership for all family members 12 years and older.
- Additional fun and engaging exercise workouts will be assigned for the entire family to complete each week. Modifications to exercises can be made in the event a family member is unable to perform the movement.
- In-person or virtual family consultation with the HealthQuest Registered Dietitian including completion of the Food Frequency
- Questionnaire and discussion of family eating habits and goals for the program
- 8 weekly phone calls/appointments with the Registered Dietitian to review weekly meal plans and any nutrition related questions.
- Monthly group nutrition sessions held via WebEx utilizing the tools provided in your Getting Started tool kit.
Cost is $300 for HealthQuest members and $325 for nonmembers. Scholarships available based upon need and health risks factors. To register please click here.
For questions or more information please contact Frankie Benavidez at 919-938-6515 or Francisco.Benavidez@unchealth.unc.edu.
Youth Fitness Classes
Keep your children and teens healthy and active with youth fitness programs at HealthQuest Fitness and Wellness Center. Certified personal trainers will help them work toward meeting the recommended 60 minutes of daily activity, so children feel healthier and happier.
Sign up your child for as many month-long fitness classes as they’d like. Each class includes two 45-minute sessions per week starting the first Monday of each month. Siblings receive a 10% discount when you purchase multiple classes.
Junior Fit introduces your child age 9–12 to stretching routines, exercise equipment, proper techniques, and overall fitness. Sessions take place Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 to 5:45 p.m. Cost is $35 for HealthQuest members and $45 for nonmembers.
In Teen Fit, your child age 13–18 enjoys timed challenges, workout stations, and conventional and nonconventional exercise equipment. Sessions take place Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 to 6:45 p.m. Cost is $45 for HealthQuest members and $55 for nonmembers.