Labor (and Delivery) of Love
Happy Labor Day!
Unlike any other job in the world, Motherhood is a full time job that never takes a day off. To help all expectant mothers preparing to accept this commitment of a lifetime, we’ve come up with a list of 5 things that make having a baby at Johnston Health a wonderful experience.
1. Wonderful Doctors, Nurses and Staff
Our Labor and Delivery department would not function without the dedicated staff that provides excellent care to every expectant mom and their families. From the physicians, to the nurses, to the non-clinical staff, every member of the Johnston Health team is relentlessly passionate about providing a comfortable facility and going above and beyond to welcome the new addition to your family into the world.
2. No time for a tour in person? Two words- Online Tours.
We know you’re busy nesting and prepping for your baby so why not take a virtual tour of the labor and delivery rooms at both the Smithfield and Clayton location? This interactive virtual tour allows you to see every part of the hospital from the registration desk to the birthing suite; you will be able to tour the entire unit from the comfort of your home. So sit back and start your tour.
Took the virtual tour, but still want to come see it in person? Contact our Women’s Services department to set one up.
3. Order your baby’s Birth Certificate right from your room.
With the help of the Johnston County Register of Deeds office, you are now able to purchase your baby’s birth certificate right from your hospital room. Using a provided tablet, you enter all the important information and once submitted you may use a credit or debit car to pay the $10 records fee. Voila! You’re done and a copy will be sent to you in the mail.
4. Neat Amenities.
Both the Clayton and Smithfield locations provide accommodations to help facilitate a smooth and easy delivery. In the spacious rooms you will find a television, phone and private bathroom for patients. There is even local art in every room. Giving birth in Clayton? Bring your iPod with your favorite playlist to use in the iPod docking station. Both facilities have a comfortable waiting area for family and friends to wait and take a peek at the newborns through the nursery window.
5. Support Services.
Johnston Health offers a range of classes and supportive services before and after birth.
- Let us create a positive birth experience through knowledge and confidence with our Lamaze classes. These classes provide characteristics that you may experience during each phase of labor, as well as tools and techniques to help with comfort and pain control.
- Besides convenience, saving money and it being healthy, breastfeeding has many benefits. We offer monthly breastfeeding classes to teach new parents about the process and offer a chance to prepare and ask questions before the baby’s arrive.
- Like any new skill, breastfeeding takes practice. If you’re having trouble getting the hang of it, ask for our lactation consultant. She is there to help assist with any questions and helping you figure out what technique works best for you and your baby.
We are so proud and grateful to be able to serve the families of Johnston County as they grow their families. Happy Labor Day!
View more information about the Women’s Centers in Smithfield and Clayton.
Smithfield Women’s Pavilion- 919-938-7800
Clayton Women’s Center- 919-585-8155