Ways to Give
No matter how you give to the Johnston Health Foundation, you impact the health and well-being of your Johnston County community. Find out how—and why—to help.
Reimbursements from state, federal, and private health insurance plans are shrinking—even as health care costs are increasing. Thirty percent of patients at our Clayton hospital and 60% of patients at our Smithfield hospital have government-funded insurance. Those plans’ reimbursement rates are lower than commercial insurance providers’ reimbursements.
More than 16% of Johnston County adults—about 31,000 people—have no insurance at all.
For such reasons, Johnston Health provides $156,000 of uncompensated care each day, which is over $57 million each year. Your gift helps Johnston Health continue to provide lifesaving care, regardless of patients’ ability to pay.
Explore ways to make the Johnston Health Foundation part of your charitable giving.
Choose a Type of Donation
Contact us for guidance determining the right option for you or your organization:
- Corporate gifts from your business or company-sponsored foundation
- Corporate gifts matching your employees’ contributions
- Event sponsorship or attendance
- Gifts of securities such as bonds, mutual funds, retirement-account distributions, or stock in privately held companies
- In-kind gifts (goods or services)
- One-time donation or a pledge of ongoing gifts
- Planned giving (donations arranged for a future date)
If you commit to an annual gift of at least $500, you’ll join one of our philanthropic Johnston Health giving circles.
Honor an Individual
Recognize someone special with:
- Memorial gift – Establishes a memorial to honor a deceased loved one or express sympathy to their family and friends
- Honor gift – Establishes a living memorial in recognition of occasions such as an achievement, anniversary, birthday, or recovery from an illness
- Grateful Patient Program – Thanks a caregiver or team, who’ll learn of your donation but not the amount
Contribute to a Cause
Choose to make your donation to a specific fund or program:
Volunteer to share your time and talents as a foundation committee member, ambassador, or supporter for events.
How to Donate
Choose your preferred method for making a one-time financial gift or pledge.
Make a secure online donation and select a fund or campaign.
Mail a Check
Write a check to the Johnston Health Foundation and write the name of your chosen fund or program in the memo line. Mail it to:
Johnston Health Foundation
PO Box 1376
Smithfield, NC 27577
Attn: (Name of fund or program)
To make your donation a tribute to someone, enclose a note stating “In Honor of (Name)” or “In Memory of (Name).” If you’d like an acknowledgment sent to the person or their loved ones, include their names, addresses, and phone numbers.