Donate to the Johnston Health Foundation
Be part of the lifechanging care Johnston Health provides to patients and families in our community. Make a gift to the Johnston Health Foundation, a nonprofit raising awareness and funds for Johnston County’s leading medical provider.
Through community leadership and charitable resources, the Johnston Health Foundation seeks to improve the health of the people in our communities by supporting the programs and services of Johnston Health.
The Johnston Health Foundation includes members from varied backgrounds across the county who raise awareness and funds for Johnston Health. Contributions:
- Expand and supplement services and assistance to patients
- Fund equipment and capital needs of the health care system
Our work ultimately enhances the quality of care that Johnston Health delivers to patients and their families.
The Johnston Health Foundation partners with Johnston Health to engage community members in giving of their time, talent, and treasure. Through its development plan, the foundation seeks to:
- Cultivate donors and be good stewards of their donations
- Involve volunteers in activities as well as high-level decision making
- Build awareness of hospital services and foundation programs
Our focus is to engage donors in major gifts and planned giving to build our endowments and to raise funds for capital projects and equipment needs. We are a donor-centered culture, providing our communities with projects that engage their interests and passions.
In the early 1980s, a group of community members and physicians launched the Dr. Hubert Poteat golf tournament to honor the first surgeon recruited to then-Johnston Memorial Hospital. The event was one of the first official fundraisers for the hospital, and it set the course for establishing the foundation in 1992.
Through the years, the foundation has raised funds for many projects, including:
- Linear accelerator for treating cancer
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab Center
- Audiovisual equipment for Johnston Medical Mall and auditorium
- SECU Hospice House, a $4.5 million capital campaign
- Renovations to the emergency department in Smithfield
- 3D mammography systems for both hospitals, a $1 million capital campaign
- Cardiac catheterization lab in Smithfield
- Memorial Garden and Veterans Memorial at the SECU Hospice House
- Tran-sit® Car Simulator for the Joint Center in Smithfield
- Stealthstation® Navigation System for performing sinus surgeries
- Several patient support funds