Maintaining health for you and your loved ones is always important, but decisions about getting care during this uncertain time can be confusing and even a little scary. At Johnston Health, we’re constantly monitoring and adjusting to make sure we are safely and effectively providing the care you need.
- We have appointments available – Delaying care can lead to otherwise avoidable complications or worsening conditions.
- In-person appointments as needed – We’re continuing in-person visits, when needed, and taking measures to protect patients and staff during these visits
Should I keep my scheduled appointment?
If you have an upcoming appointment, we encourage you to keep it.
- Our clinics remain open for in-person visits. We are taking extra safety precautions in our facilities for you to be seen in person. Be sure to check our visitor policy before coming in.
- If you are unable to keep your current appointment, please call to reschedule.
Can I schedule a new appointment?
Yes, please don’t put off your health needs.
If you are new to Johnston Health, you can use our online tools to find a nearby provider or practice and call the listed appointment number for scheduling options.
Are clinic or office visits safe right now?
We’ve taken many steps to protect your health during an in-person visit, including:
- Reducing in-person visits to ensure fewer patients come to our facilities
- Scheduling additional time between appointments to limit contact with other patients
- Enhancing cleaning between patients, including more frequent deep cleaning of our facilities
- Changing the setup of our waiting rooms to allow for physical distancing
- When possible eliminating time in the waiting room, allowing you to stay in your car until we’re ready to take you directly to an office or exam room
- Implementing a patient mask policy
- Ensuring all our patients wash their hands thoroughly as soon as they enter our facilities
- Assessing the wellness of each patient carefully before they enter our facilities
- Ensuring COVID-19 patients are receiving care from dedicated teams in physical locations separate from all other patients
- Providing our staff with adequate personal protective equipment
- Limiting visitors to reduce the risk of physical contact
What should I expect during an in-person appointment?
Specific procedures vary by location, but patients coming to a Johnston Health facility for an appointment should expect:
- Wellness screening – Prior to coming in you’ll be asked a series of questions to make sure an in-person visit is still safe and appropriate
- Temperature – You may be asked if you’re running a temperature or have your temperature taken before entering a Johnston Health facility as an added precaution to ensure your safety and that of our staff and healthcare providers
- Masks – Everyone entering a Johnston Health facility will be given a face mask which must be worn securely during the visit. Masks lower the risk of spreading or catching the coronavirus through coughs and sneezes. Together with hand washing and physical distancing, these are the most important things we can all do to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Appearance – Your provider may be wearing more protective gear than you’re used to seeing – including a mask, gown and gloves.