This may seem like an obstacle in our path, but we can still reach the finish line…together!
After careful consideration of recommendations concerning the COVID-19 virus, we have decided to make the 2020 Champions 5K/10K a VIRTUAL walk/run. Our top priority is protecting you, but we know a great need still exists in our community. To continue providing support to the Heart Fund and Healthy Kids Fund, we can’t quit before we start. We invite you to be a part of this exciting new virtual walk/run concept – at your own pace, in your own space!
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL WALK/RUN?
We’re asking everyone to participate on Saturday, April 4 at 9 a.m. During a virtual event, you can run, jog or walk from any location you choose – in your neighborhood, on a trail or track, or on a treadmill. You can run on your own or in a group. You are welcome to time yourself, but we will not collect or publish those times.
- If you registered on or before March 12, you will receive a finisher medal, personalized bib and event T-shirt from your team captain or via mail if you registered as an individual.
- If you register after March 12, you will receive a bib and finisher medal via mail.
- Those registered in the Dog Walk/Run will also receive their dog bandana.
- You are already registered for the virtual event and no further action is required.
- Click here to send an email request to convert your registration to a donation to the Heart Fund or Healthy Kids Fund by opting out of receiving your bib, event t-shirt, finisher medal and dog bandana.
- If you have questions, please contact Amanda Johnson at Amanda.email@example.com
GO THE EXTRA MILE ONLINE
Now that the race is virtual, the possibilities are endless!
- Invite your non-local friends and family to join us. Registration will remain open until start time on April 4. Wouldn’t it be neat if we had a Champion from all 50 states?
- Host a virtual fundraiser. Set a goal and share it via email, text or social media. Click here to get started.
Thank you for your support as we embark on this new, virtual journey for our Heart Fund and Healthy Kids Fund and good luck on April 4, Champion!