This may seem like an obstacle in our path, but we can still reach the finish line…together!
After careful consideration of recommendations concerning the COVID-19 virus, we have decided to make the 2021 Champions 5K/10K a VIRTUAL walk/run. Our top priority is protecting you, but we know a great need still exists in our community. To continue providing support to the Heart Fund and Healthy Kids Fund, we can’t quit before we start. We invite you to be a part of this exciting new virtual walk/run concept – at your own pace, in your own space!
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL WALK/RUN?
We’re asking everyone to participate between Saturday, April 10 and Saturday, April 17. During a virtual event, you can run, jog or walk from any location you choose – in your neighborhood, on a trail or track, or on a treadmill. You are welcome to time yourself, but we will not collect or publish those times.
- All participants will receive a race package, which includes a finisher medal, personalized bib and event T-shirt.
- Those registered in the Dog Walk/Run will also receive their dog bandana.
- Race packages will be delivered by mail prior to the event if you register two weeks in advance of the race, Friday, March 26.
GO THE EXTRA MILE ONLINE
Now that the race is virtual, the possibilities are endless!
- Invite your non-local friends and family to join us. Registration will remain open until start time on April 10. Wouldn’t it be neat if we had a Champion from all 50 states?
- Host a virtual fundraiser. Set a goal and share it via email, text or social media. Click here to get started.
Thank you for your support as we embark on our virtual journey for our Heart Fund and Healthy Kids Fund and good luck, Champion!
Join us on Facebook where we will share and support each other and Johnston Health patients and their families. We look forward to seeing your experience, photos and connecting with you through social media and using the hashtag #WeAreChampions.