UME / APP Student Clinical Experience
Johnston Health offers student clinical experiences for the following UME/APP students:
- Undergraduate Medical Students
- Physician Assistant Students
- Nurse Practitioner Students
- Nurse Midwife Students
How to Apply for a Student Clinical Experience
Plan and coordinate your clinical experience at Johnston Health with your school.
- Clinical preceptors should already be secured by student and school before applying for Johnston Health clinical experience clearance.
- Begin the clinical experience clearance process by emailing your interest in performing a clinical experience at Johnston Health to email@example.com, including the provider name and medical discipline the rotation will be for.
- Your school needs to have a current affiliation agreement with Johnston Health. Some colleges and universities currently partner with us.
- If your school isn't a current partner with Johnston Health, an affiliation agreement will need to be secured. This process could take up to two months to complete. The Johnston Health coordinator will verify the affiliation agreement status upon receiving your clinical experience request. If an agreement is needed, the student medical education coordinator will work directly with the school representative for completion.
Student Onboarding Form Requirements
Student onboarding includes:
The Student Practicum/Internship Checklist and HCS Annual Mandatory Compliance Training attestation must be submitted to Renee Lett, Student Medical Education Coordinator,at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (919) 934-7518 at least two weeks before your clinical experience is scheduled to begin.
Student Badges and Operating Room Orientation
Student badge will be provided by the student medical education coordinator after you meet all the clinical experience requirements.
Badges must be returned to the student medical education coordinator at the end of your clinical experience.
Clinical experiences that will involve working in the Operating Room, Endoscopy, or C-Section suite will require an OR Orientation. The student medical education coordinator will schedule this directly with the student and OR once student is approved.