Contract RN Positions
Johnston Health is offering a limited number of 90 day contracts for Temporary Internal Contract positions.
- Contract employees will be assigned to specific units
- 36 hours per week/ 72 hours per pay period
- No overtime. No "On-Call" time allowed
- 12 Hour shifts or unit designated work hours
- This position is not eligible for benefits such as health insurance, retirement, paid days off, and disability coverages.
- Current Johnston Health employees that wish to transition to an internal contract position will forfeit all benefits and be assigned a new hire date. Their seniority date will be reset to the date they accept the contract position.
- This contract position does not alter the employment-at-will status of any employee. Employees may resign from Johnston Health at any time and may be terminated by Johnston Health at any time, with or without notice, with or without cause.
- Internal contract employee must be scheduled after all permanent employees are scheduled
- Internal contract employee may be asked to float to "like" units in which they have competency
- Internal contract employee will not be flexed off for scheduled shift
- Internal contract employee will receive an occurrence for all unplanned absences and may be required to work an additional shift within the same week as their occurrence at the manager's request and based on the needs of the unit
- Internal contract employee will be scheduled for days, nights, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the unit
- After the 90 day contract, there is no guarantee of employment
- Internal contract employee may apply for a permanent position if they remain in good standing during the contract period.
- To qualify, candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in that specialty area
- Salary will be $50.00 - $52.00 per hour depending on shift