Careers at Johnston Health
Help improve the well-being of your community while growing professionally in a career at Johnston Health—an affiliate of UNC Health Care. Join a tight-knit group of more than 1,700 employees who share your values of respect, accountability, and excellence.
Exciting opportunities include:
A limited amount of temporary 13 week assignments available for Registered Nurses and Registered Respiratory Therapists.
RN Incentive Program
Qualifying RN positions at Johnston Health are now eligible for a variety of incentives.
- Permanent Registered Nurse positions available in our ICU, Medical-Surgical and Progressive Care Units with highly competitive salary and benefit options.
- Career opportunities for Medical Technologists, CRNA's and certified nursing assistants.
- RN Incentive Program- Qualifying RN positions at Johnston Health are now eligible for:
- Commitment Incentive up to $20,000
- New Grad Commitment Incentive up to $10,000 (based on degree)
- Up to $25,000 in Tuition Loan Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Up to $4,500 Relocation Assistance
Why Join Johnston Health?
As an essential member of the Johnston Health team, you’ll contribute to our goal of providing the best possible patient experience. Satisfied patients get service from satisfied staff, so you’ll have access to comprehensive benefits and the same competitive level of pay you’d receive in the Triangle. And you’ll appreciate the support you need to do your best work in our friendly environment.
Where You’ll Work
Apply for a position at one of our facilities in historic Smithfield or quickly growing Clayton, North Carolina, both within easy driving distance of Raleigh. You’ll enjoy modern facilities at both the Clayton hospital, built in 2009, and the Smithfield hospital, which opened a new five-story wing in 2010.
Learn more about Johnston Health, including our campus, people, quality, and history.
Find an opportunity that suits your skills and experience at Johnston Health. Explore roles in areas such as:
- Allied health
- Administrative and clerical
- Hospital medicine
- Leadership and management
- Nursing and nursing support
- Social work
The UNC Health Care System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health Care vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
Johnston Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, Johnston Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political affiliation.