Turn to Johnston Health for excellent care during surgery on the urinary tract or male reproductive organs. A urologic surgeon may treat you in our hospitals after meeting with you at UNC Specialty Care in Clayton or another clinic.
Surgical Urologic Procedures
Expect the Johnston Health surgical team to help ensure your safety and good outcome during treatments such as:
- Bladder cancer surgery
- Lithotripsy – Uses shock waves to break up kidney stones
- Nephrectomy – Removes all or part of the kidney to treat cancer or to donate the organ to someone with kidney disease
- Prostatectomy – Removes the prostate gland to treat prostate cancer
- Ureteroscopy – Uses lasers to remove kidney stones
- Vasectomy – Takes away a man’s ability to cause pregnancy
Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery
Ask if your surgeon will use Johnston Health’s da Vinci surgical robot to perform your procedure in the most precise, least invasive way. Minimally invasive robotic surgery uses only a few tiny incisions rather than one large incision. That means you may recover faster and with less pain or scarring.