Receive excellent care from the eye surgery team at UNC Health Johnston in Clayton and Smithfield—without traveling far from home.
Surgical Eye Procedures
Improve your sight with skilled care at UNC Health Johnston before, during, and after procedures such as:
- Cataract surgery – Replaces a clouded eye lens
- Corneal transplant – Replaces part of the cornea with tissue from a donor
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) – Corrects eyelid problems, repairs drooping, or removes excess tissue
- Glaucoma surgery – Lessens pressure in the eye and prevents optic nerve damage
- Strabismus repair – Loosens or tightens eye muscles and improves eye alignment
- Vitrectomy – Removes fluid from your eye so a surgeon can treat retina conditions, such as diabetic retinopathy
Same-Day Eye Surgery
Usually, you can leave the hospital the same day as your eye surgery. Recover at home, where you feel more comfortable, and reduce the cost of a hospital stay.
Your Care Team
Count on your providers and health care team to answer your questions and help you feel as comfortable as possible. You’ll be the focus of an experienced eye surgery team dedicated to your safety and wellbeing.