Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
Find excellent surgical care at Johnston Health for children and adults who need treatment of the ear, nose, or throat (ENT). A doctor may perform your procedure here after meeting with you at UNC Ear, Nose & Throat at Clayton or another clinic.
Choose Johnston Health when your surgeon recommends an ENT procedure such as:
- Adenoid and tonsil removal (adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy) – Can ease breathing during sleep or relieve frequent throat infections
- Cochlear implantation – Places a tiny device under the skin to do the work of a damaged inner ear
- Deviated septum repair (septoplasty) – Straightens the bone and cartilage between your nostrils
- Eardrum repair (tympanoplasty) – Helps restore hearing ability
- Ear tube insertion (myringotomy) – Drains fluid from the ear to reduce ear infections
- Head and neck cancer surgery – Removes cancerous tissue or organs
- Sinusitis treatment – Opens blocked sinus passages using a tiny balloon (balloon sinuplasty) or endoscopic sinus surgery
If your procedure affects the throat, the surgeon may use a laryngoscope (thin tube with a light) to look at your tissue or vocal cords before or during surgery. This test is called laryngoscopy.
Same-Day ENT Surgery
Usually, you or your child can return home the same day of your ENT surgery. Recover at home, where you feel most comfortable, and pay less than you would for an overnight hospital stay.
Complete Surgical Care
From the moment you schedule treatment, Johnston Health will help make sure you get all the surgical care you need. Improve your outcome by following your care team’s instructions to prepare for your procedure. Trust us to ensure your safety during surgery and ease your recovery, so you can return home as well and quickly as possible.