Back & Neck Surgery
When you need spine surgery, ask your surgeon to perform your procedure at Johnston Health in Smithfield or Clayton. You’ll benefit from a surgical team dedicated to your safety and good outcome.
Surgical Spine Procedures
Trust Johnston Health for excellent care during procedures such as:
- Cervical (neck) or lumbar (lower back) discectomy – Removes a bulging, ruptured, or herniated disc that presses on a nerve and causes pain
- Cervical or lumbar laminectomy (decompression) – Removes the back part of the vertebra to ease pressure on spinal nerves and relieve spinal stenosis
- Lumbar fusion – Welds two or more vertebrae together in the lower back to stop painful motion and stabilize the spine after a fracture, slipped disc, or another injury
- Scoliosis surgery – Corrects unusual curves in the spine
- Spondylolisthesis surgery – Uses spinal fusion or decompression to treat slipped vertebrae that cause pain
After surgery, your doctor may refer you to Johnston Health for physical therapy to improve your recovery. Get back to your daily activities sooner and with less pain when you follow your personal rehabilitation plan.