Giving Birth in Smithfield
Deliver your baby in soothing surroundings at the Johnston Health Women’s Pavilion in Smithfield—a center designed for your and your family’s comfort.
Your Labor & Delivery Suite
Welcome your newborn in a spacious suite with:
- Room service
- Private bathroom
- Large windows and plenty of natural light
- Flat-screen TV
- Temperature and lighting that you can control
- Space for your healthy newborn to stay at your bedside
After delivery, spend the rest of your hospital stay in one of our comfortable postpartum rooms.
Arriving at the Hospital
When you arrive to give birth, use the Women’s Pavilion driveway and entrance off North Street. You’ll find parking near the covered, wheelchair-accessible entryway.
Check in at the registration desk right inside. If you preregistered, your check-in will go quickly, and you and your partner can focus on your health.
Visitor Services & Amenities
Your family members and friends will appreciate our convenient hospital gift shop and the cafeteria. After you give birth, invite them to visit you in your postpartum room or wait for you in a reception area decorated with unique, colorful local artwork.
Take a Virtual Tour
Explore the comfortable labor, delivery, and postpartum areas at Johnston Health in Smithfield. After opening the virtual tour, select “Additional 360° Views.”
Your Personalized Birth Experience
Count on your maternity care team to help you follow your birth plan as closely as possible. Consider:
- Bringing your own music
- Delaying umbilical cord clamping to let your newborn receive more blood and iron from your body
- Trying different labor positions, including using a birthing ball or peanut ball
- Exploring various pain-relief options, such as an epidural, warm shower, and intravenous (IV) pain medication