Giving Birth in Clayton
Enjoy comforts and amenities for you and your loved ones when you deliver your baby at the Johnston Health Women’s Center in Clayton.
Your Labor, Delivery, & Recovery Suite
Deliver your baby and recover in a single, spacious suite that offers:
- Room service
- Private bathroom
- Large windows with soothing views of the outdoors and plenty of natural light
- 32-inch flat-screen TVs
- Speakers so you can listen to the music of your choice during labor
- Temperature and lighting that you can control
- Space for your healthy newborn to stay at your bedside
Your partner will appreciate an in-room, pull-down bed to spend the night. All your visitors can enjoy our convenient hospital gift shop and cafeteria.
Arriving at the Hospital
When you arrive to give birth, use the Women’s Center entrance at the back of the hospital. You and your partner will find parking near the covered, wheelchair-accessible entryway.
Check in at the registration desk right inside. If you preregistered, your check-in will go quickly, and you and your partner can focus on your health.
Visitor Services & Amenities
Your family members and friends will appreciate our convenient hospital gift shop and the cafeteria. After you give birth, invite them to visit you in your postpartum room or wait for you in a reception area decorated with unique, colorful local artwork.
Take a Virtual Tour
Explore the comfortable labor, delivery, and recovery room at Johnston Health in Clayton. After opening the virtual tour, select “Additional 360° Views,” and then choose “Labor & Delivery.”
Your Personalized Birth Experience
Count on your maternity care team to help you follow your birth plan as closely as possible. Consider:
- Bringing your own music
- Delaying umbilical cord clamping to let your newborn receive more blood and iron from your body
- Trying different labor positions, including using a birthing ball or peanut ball
- Exploring various pain-relief options, such as an epidural, warm shower, and intravenous (IV) pain medication