Make labor and delivery easier by applying what you learn in Johnston Health’s childbirth class. You and your partner will feel more confident and prepared when a prenatal educator teaches you about:
Stay Well During Pregnancy
Learn about health during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and the postpartum period in our online women’s health center.
- Benefits of letting labor start naturally
- Informed consent and informed refusal for medical procedures related to childbirth
- Movement and labor positions, including the use of an exercise ball
- Spontaneous pushing in response to your body’s natural impulses
- Relaxation measures, such as massage, heat, cold, breathing techniques, and aromatherapy
- Benefits of keeping your baby in your hospital room after birth
- Breastfeeding to support your baby’s health
Schedule & Fee
Classes take place one Saturday per month from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Clayton or Smithfield. You can take this class at any point in your pregnancy but may find it most useful in your third trimester.
Cost is $80 per couple. To register, call 919-938-7736