SECU Hospice House
Turn to the SECU Hospice House in Smithfield for comfort and calm at the end of life. You’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing onsite, round-the-clock care is available from experienced professionals. Whether serving as a final home or place of short-term respite, the hospice house treats your family with comfort, grace and dignity.
Adults qualify for admission to the SECU Hospice House if they:
- Have a life expectancy of six months or fewer, verified by two physicians
- No longer seek treatment to cure their illness
- Need the level of care requested
- Do not have tuberculosis
Your family will feel at ease in our homelike environment, which includes:
- Spacious, private patient rooms with temperature controls, accessible bathrooms, large windows, TV, and a sleeper sofa for guests
- Full-service kitchen and large dining room
- Patio for relaxing and sharing meals
- Comfortable living room with a fireplace, TV, magazines, and books
- Children’s play room with toys and games
- Interfaith chapel and meditation gardens for prayer or quiet reflection
- Office area with a phone, computer, and printer for guests
Feel free to visit your loved one at the SECU Hospice House any time of day or night. You’ll need to request entry from 8 p.m. to early morning, when doors are locked. Pets can visit, too, if you provide a note from a veterinarian certifying the animal’s health.
During your visits, enjoy meals and snacks provided by local volunteers.
Your or a loved one’s condition may improve during a stay at the hospice house. In that case, our care team will help in the transition to another setting, such as a private home or nursing facility.
Take a Tour
Virtually explore the SECU Hospice House. After opening the tour, select “Additional 360° Views” to see a certain area of the home. Choose “Scene Information” for details.
To request an in-person tour, call 919-209-5100.