Early Learning Center
Welcome to Johnston Early Learning Center
The Early Learning Center, a five-star, educational-based childcare facility provides a nurturing environment for children six weeks to five years of age. The program provides a year-round, literacy-based curriculum to teach children based on age-appropriate, developmental and educational practices. Spanish language and computer fundamentals begin in the toddler room.
The Center specializes in low teacher-to-child ratios which are essential in ensuring quality interactions on a daily basis. Our experienced teachers are educated in Early Childhood practices and our ratios are lower than mandatory North Carolina State requirements. The Center also complies with NAEYC (National Association of Education for Young Children) requirements for quality.
The Center and grounds are equipped with state-of-art security systems. Playgrounds and school entrance are gated and each classroom has a camera you can access online. The playground is divided into age appropriate sections and equipment is securely anchored, with a foundation of poured-in-place cushioning that reduces the impact of falls. There are paths for riding tricycles and wagons, as well as shaded play areas. An indoor activity area is also available.
Highlights of Our Program
- Hot nutritious lunch, A.M. and P.M. snacks.
- 5 Star Center.
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
- Enrichment Programs.
- Computer Instruction - Computer programs and software are integrated with the Curriculum and Learning Centers.
- Spanish Instruction - fundamentals begin in Toddler room.
- Children are prepared to meet the NC Kindergarten readiness skills.
- Security to keep your child safe - Playground, Gated entrance and cameras in classrooms.
- Indoor Activity Area.
Hours of operation
6:15 a.m. till 6:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
To enroll your child, schedule a tour or for more information, call 919-938-7578.
- Deposit: $150.00 per child.
- $50.00 annual registration fee and $100 applied to first week's tuition.
- $50.00 registration fee is non-refundable and is renewable each January. Discount: 5% off of 2nd child with lowest tuition.
- Payment Method: Monthly, Bi-Weekly or Payroll Deduction
Monthly rates reflects 4.33 weeks.
- Hot nutritious lunch, morning and afternoon snacks are included in rates.
- Late pick-up fee: $30.00 per each fifteen minutes or any portion thereof.
- Late payment fee: $15.00 Payment is due on first business day of the month. No grace period is provided. If payment is not received after 3rd day, service is denied.
- NSF Fund: $35.00
- Tuition is reviewed annually and subject to change.
- Monthly rate reflects 4.33 weeks.
Closed Holidays include New Year's Day, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday) and Christmas Eve and Crhistmas Day.
Our Center may be closed less often than your current Childcare Center. Compare our cost against other Center's days closed when considering enrollment.
Johnston Health Early Learning Center
514 N. Bright Leaf Blvd., Suite 1717
Located in back of Johnston Medical Mall.