CardioPulmonary Rehab (CPR)
You're not alone!
Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation is a medically supervised program to help patients recover quickly and improve their overall physical, mental and social functioning. The goal is to stabilize, slow or even reverse the progression of cardiovascular or pulmonary disease.
Upon diagnosis you may be faced with physical and emotional challenge that often times are overwhelming. But you are not alone! At your side is the multidisciplinary team of nurses, respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, and dietitians at Johnston Medical Center-Smithfield.
- Angina (chest pain)
- Angioplasty and or stent placement
- Heart attack
- Heart transplantation
- Valve repair/replacement
- Lung transplantation
- Open heart surgery
- Chronic bronchitis
- Occupational/environmental lung disease
- Respiratory failure
- Heart Failure
- Other cardiac or pulmonary conditions
The cardiopulmonary rehab team begins by performing a comprehensive review of your medical, dietary, psychological and lifestyle issues to develop the best course of treatment for you. Typically, your treatment program will last six to 12 weeks and consist of one hour sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Your quality of life
Rehabilitation is designed to help you return to an active, productive life - mentally and physically.
Specific goals of the program include:
- Provide you with education and counseling to improve your understanding of your condition.
- Teaching you to add exercise to your recovery to improve your capacity for physical exertion.
- Reduce the symptoms of your condition.
- Reduce risk factors to help you prevent future cardiac problems or progression of pulmonary disease.
- Improve your overall quality of life.
HealthQuest Fitness & Wellness Center
Johnston Medical Mall
514 North Bright Leaf Blvd.
Smithfield, NC 27577