Craig S. Carter , MD
- Craig S. Carter M.D. FACS
- Accepting Patients:
- 2076 NC Hwy 42 West, Suite 240, Clayton, NC 27520
- Show on map
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Medical Degree:
- Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill
- Fellowship: Thoracic Surgery
- Addt'l Education:
- Internship / Residency: Episcopal Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, Kaiser-Permenante Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
About Craig S. Carter , MD
A Vascular Medicine specialist is defined as a practitioner who has received advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of both common and uncommon vascular disorders.
This expertise encompasses vascular disease risk factors (hypertension, hyperlipidemia, homocystinemia, etc.), specific diagnostic expertise (via bedside examination, use of noninvasive vascular laboratory, and interpretation of all forms of vascular imaging), and expertise in therapeutic interventions (including vasoactive drugs, thrombolytic and hemostatic agents, and revascularization techniques).
As such, the Vascular Medicine specialist provides comprehensive, integrated, long-term care for individuals with peripheral arterial disease, acute and chronic vanous diseases, and lymphatic disease, as well as the risk factors and end-organ consequences of these illnesses. In contrast to traditional vascular surgical specialists, the vascular medicine practitioner contributes to all of the vascular medicine-based needs exclusive of surgical interventions.